Welcome to Symbiosis College of Nursing
The global population is rising but the number of health care workers is decreasing relatively. With more and more nurses migrating abroad, India is facing an acute shortage of faculty and clinical practitioners. This necessitates the initialization of more and more educational institutions to meet local, national and global demand for health care providers. Keeping in view the World Health Organization's (WHO) theme of working together for health, Symbiosis trains and develops quality professionals to provide health care services at the grassroots and to meet the global demand.
Through its pioneering efforts, the Symbiosis College of Nursing aims to create leaders in the nursing professionals by providing unique, innovative programmes that are responsive to the market need, keeping in mind the rapid advance in the health care sector in India as well as abroad. The curriculum emphasizes on a holistic approach to nursing care, in order to ensure an all round growth of the nursing students. Student nurses are trained to meet the international standards of professionalism and maintain the highest standard of clinical practice.
The Programmes offered by SCON ensures numerous career avenues for a graduate nurse in the healthcare industry across the world. The SCON has associated with major hospitals of Pune city to provide the necessary "hands on" clinical and para-clinical experience; necessary for the students pursuing this hospital based academic programmes.
Symbiosis College of nursing thus aims to create a benchmark in nursing education in India. The overall aim of Nursing programme is to prepare a graduate Nurse to work as frontline worker in the clinical and community field and educational arena... more>
Promoting international understanding through quality education
- To inculcate spirit of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam' ( the world is one family)
- To contribute towards knowledge generation and dissemination
- To promote ethical and value-based learning
- To foster the spirit of national development
- To inculcate cross cultural sensitisation
- To develop global competencies amongst students
- To nurture creativity and encourage entrepreneurship
- To enhance employability and contribute to human resource development
- To promote health and wellness amongst students, staff & community
- To instill sensitivity amongst the youth towards the community and environment
- To produce thought provoking leaders for the society